Would you like to return to learning? Are you unsure where to start? Then come to Starting Points: on the course, we'll help you answer questions about your skills, studies and future, and help you build up a picture of your strengths and potential. The course is aimed at women who are new to learning at Hillcroft. Topics include:
- How good are my English, Maths and ICT?
- How can I build my confidence?
- Which courses best suit me?
- Can I go to university?
- What is 'residential' learning?
- What is Hillcroft?
- How do I apply for courses?
Course runs from 18 Apr 2018 to 21 Jun 2018
- No formal qualification.
- You will achieve personal goals.
- You will receive advice about courses and careers.
- You will receive a course certificate.
- No formal entry requirements.
- Aimed at new learners.
Method of Assessment
- Your achievements will be assessed by individual learning plan (ILP).
If suitable, you could progress to any Hillcroft course - we will advise you which to choose:
- weekend Maths & English courses
- The Basic Skills
- Future Proof
- The Next Level
- ICT and Digital Arts
- Confidence courses
- Dyslexia courses
- Massage Therapy
- If you're unsure about your skills, please ring us.
- If you haven't been to Hillcroft before, please ring us.
Help and Advice
For more information or to enquire about a course please fill in this short form.
To Apply for a Course
Course Application and Support Forms:
To apply for this course you will need to complete the Application form for each course you wish to attend, there is space for up to 3 courses per form.
The Information Form only needs to be completed once each academic year, if you have not completed one for this year, you will need to complete this also.
You can either print the forms once completed, sign and return by post or email the forms direct to the college at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(You will be required to sign the forms when you attend the college)
Download the Course Application and Support Forms:Hillcroft Student Application Form Hillcroft Student Information Form
Warning: Google Chrome's internal PDF Viewer does not allow you to submit these forms. To turn off the Chrome PDF Viewer, type "about:plugins" into the address bar, find the "Chrome PDF Viewer" and click "Disable.", alternatively, right click and save the files then open with your usual PDF Viewer.